Thursday, July 1, 2010

Lunch run.

I had a 3 mile run scheduled for today, so I got outside and did it during my lunch break. This is the exact reason I love Direct Supply, and will keep working there. I don't have to be dressed up all day, I get do whatever I want over lunch, and take it whenever I want to. I came back pretty sweaty (turns out that sun was hotter than I estimated) and no one even gave me a second glance.
The run was ok- I was at a faster pace than normal simply because I was at work and did indeed want to get back to my desk on time. I drove to a little parkway close by and ran there. DS is on the north side, so not exactly the best neighborhoods to run through. Glendale was much nicer :)

Tomorrow I'm up for 12 miles. Normally it would be done on Saturday, but this weekend is DMB at Alpine. 2 hours of running before an Alpine trip would be the death of me. I'm looking forward to seeing how my 2nd long run goes, but I'm a little nervous. First of all it's after work...and not any work day, the day before a long holiday weekend. Which means my customers aren't going to be around and it's going to be really slow. On top of that, I'm scheduled to work late, so I won't be getting out on time. I'm basically working 11 hours, and then running for 2. YIKES. I'm also nervous for the aftermath. Getting done with my run at 8:30 isn't entirely appealing to begin with, but I have a ton of stuff to prep for the concert. We're making grilled portobello burgers, fruit salad and homemade fruit dip (not fluff-sick, gross- dip with good-for-you yogurt). Sunday is kabobs, cupcakes and jello shots. All need prep-work and I'm not sure how up to it I'm going to feel after running 2 hours. Luckily, Phil has the afternoon off and will be a super helper.

I hope you enjoy your night-get outside, it's beautiful!
-Haylea

No comments:

Post a Comment