Wednesday, July 21, 2010

87 Degrees, and a warm front coming in.

Seriously, that's what the weather guy said on NPR. I'm fairly certain the weather guys are college kids, because it's on WUWM station....but 87 with a warm front coming in? How about- it's hot as hell out- get yourself a beer? That's more like the weather forecast I'd like to hear.

Given the heat, I wasn't enthusiastic about running 7 miles. Let's just say I felt enough hatred for the heat that I decided not to go. Here's how I got tricked into not running:

Phil I think we should go to Leff's, for Mexcellent Wednesday
Me: OK, does that mean I don't have to run?
Phil: Well, Anne, Cassie and I are going....in about 5 minutes. I was going to wait until you were gone and then take your car and leave but I feel too guilty.
Me: I'm in, stop feeling guilty.

Ok, OK, I'll give myself some credit- it wasn't that easy. I even had running shorts on. But, honestly I had a crappy day at work (talk about orders being cancelled...UGH), and the heat made me flash back to last's weeks run that went terrible. I'm not trying to make excuses- but I just couldn't do it today. I think the run wouldn't have made me feel that great about myself, and I can run 7 miles tomorrow (instead of 4).

In better news: Mexcellent Wednesdays means good deals on Corona's and huge tacos. SUCCESS.

-Haylea


p.s. Yasso 800's yesterday were hell. I'll post pictures when I can. I had flash backs of high school workouts and let's just say I was a lean mean fighting machine then....not so much today..

No comments:

Post a Comment