Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It's a short week.


Friday's run was crazy, but Saturday and Sunday were crazy for other reasons. This weekend was the big Alpine spectacular for the DMB shows. The first show was alright, nothing amazing to remember. We had seats pretty far back, so I wasn't into the concert as much. I did have a few beverages before and lots of water during the show which equals disaster for me. As you all know, Alpine is seated on a huge hill...and they place the bathrooms at the top of the hills, seats on the bottom. Needless to say, I literally got a hill workout in that night.

The 2nd night was insane. Phil and I had pit tickets, so we went in early. I wore sneakers because we'd be standing and dancing so much. We were so close to the front! I only had 1 person between me, and the gate to the stage. It was unbelievable. Proof is to the left. I danced like mad, and am also counting that night of the concert as 'cross-training'.

Monday was a total loss- I rested, rested, rested.

Today (Tuesday) was a quick 3 miles that I did over lunch.

Here was the "BIG" thing this weekend. A direct quote from my mouth (Phil's not letting me forget it) "I only have to run 9 miles this weekend" DID I REALLY SAY THAT? OHHH, WEE. We're becoming a real runner folks....

-Haylea


No comments:

Post a Comment