Friday, July 2, 2010

12 miles on a Friday!


Whew, today was rough. As I said yesterday, my training schedule called for a 12 mile run on Saturday. I'm tailgating all day at Alpine so I didn't want to do it then. My only other choice was today. Considering I had to work all day, running for 2 hours afterwards wasn't appealing either. My solution was to break it up and run twice today.

I ran 4.5 miles over lunch, with Ashley. Well, she ran 5, but we were next to each other on the treadmills. It was awesome having her as a partner today because we both agreed if either one wavered we would have been at Starbucks in a hurry. I haven't been on the treadmill in a while, but it felt pretty good. I kept it at a 9:13/mile pace, and could comfortably talk. I ran around 2 p.m. so I wouldn't have much distance between my two runs.

My second run came once I got home, around 6:30 p.m. Phil went with me for this run-bless his heart. My legs were pretty tired before we even got started. We ran on the Hank Aaron trail again but with a lofty goal of 75 minutes. The sun was still pretty hot, and on the way back it was setting at eye level. We kept a pretty consistent pace up, or at least Phil thinks so :-) I'll be honest, I just tried to zone out and get home. The upside to running two runs like this (for me anyway) is that it was harder than if I would have ran it at once. I have to get used to pushing through the pain, and staying focused on the end goal. The proof is in the picture at the top. I'm too tired to rotate it, so just turn your head please :)

When I got home I kept my promise to keep stretching. I'm actually going to wrap this up so I can use the roller stick. Happy 4th of July weekend!
-Haylea

No comments:

Post a Comment