Wednesday, June 30, 2010

long run wednesday.

In the training plan I'm using, Wednesdays are home to semi-long runs. They're usually 1/2 the length of the long run coming up on the weekend and this week was no exception. Today was 6, Saturday will be 12.

Phil and I ran along the Hank Aaron Trail today. I've never been on it, and appreciated new territory. Running there-and-back is getting really old, so having new ground to cover was awesome. We made it past Miller Park and I learned it actually runs all the way down to the lakefront. Phil thinks it's about 17 miles...which seems insane. But, in a few weeks that will be my Saturday run so if anyone wants to pick up my tired body at Alterra, coffee is on me. It's a little daunting that 6 miles will soon become a "quick run" and 10-12 will be my mid-range mark. I'm really looking forward to the day I say "I only have 6, 7, or 8 miles to run".

We're grilling corn tonight for dinner, and it's just about done. Have a great night, everyone!
-Haylea

No comments:

Post a Comment