Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Chance of rain, 100%."

Ok, honestly weathermen? Please say you're high school dropouts, and didn't go to college to predict the weather. After yesterday's remark I didn't think they could get any worse. Then, on the way to work the guy says-"Yep, there's a big chance of rain today, 100% chance in fact" When I got home from work, it wasn't raining, so I put on my brand new running shoes (worn once) and headed out. Naturally it started raining. HARD.




I'm lucky because I made it home safe. The news was on, and there is flooding all over the city. I'm naiive, and didn't realize how bad it was. The roads around work are terrible, so I would have never made it home in this weather-I would have been flooded in. That said, let's talk about the run.

It was actually awesome! It wasn't hot out, I didn't have to battle the burning sun, and no one was in my way. Plus, I couldn't really tell if I was sweating because I was soaked. I ran on the parkway so I would be close to enough businesses and home that I could duck in if I really needed to. It was kid of dark, and I got to see fireflies on the trail! I was amazed at how beautiful the sky was. We don't often get to look up at the sky when it's about to storm like this, usually we're running inside away from it. I was in a genuinely good mood during the run. I saw another guy running towards me and wanted to acknowldege that we are the "crazy runners" who decided to becomes rain warriors today. Then, as he got close, I realized he's actually running because he's pissed it's raining out. He was NOT happy to be out in the rain, and thought I was crazy to be out there on my own free will. I just about died thinking what he would have said had I high-fived him or something. Even without his comments, I feel like a warrior tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment