Saturday, July 10, 2010

phew, the heat is exhausting!

9 miles today! Phil and I got up around 6:40 a.m., and were out the door by 7. Man, it is hot out already! The way out wasn't so bad- we took the Menomonee Parkway out through the golf course, to Watertown Plank. When we turned around, it was like the sun kicked it up a notch. On the way back, Phil let me in on a secret...he calls that stretch 'Death Valley'. Death Valley indeed- I got goosebumps, stride was out of step, etc. We brought water, so I refreshed and we just tried to plow through the rest of the run.

The only bad part of the run- I got blisters :( They're on my big toes, and are familiar to me. I'm bummed because we have a wedding tonight, and I plan on getting down. (Congrats Gregg & Monica!)

I'm heading to the 'Tosa farmers market-enjoy your weekend!
-Haylea

p.s. I forgot to put up some of my favorite running songs on yesterdays post. I'll get around to it another day, but if you don't have Madcon on your iPod- get some. 'Turn Me Loose' is my fav!

No comments:

Post a Comment