Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yikes. It's getting serious.

Wow, it's been awhile, hasn't it? I'll be honest- I'm really sick of training. It's been physically and mentally taxing. I hate the structure of the schedule, and that I feel like I have to do certain training runs at certain times. I had this feeling going into our annual Kegslam trip with the crew. We basically lounge around on the boat all day, eating amazing food and drinking beer. Not ideal to wake up and go running, right? So... I didn't. I skipped my 11 mile long run and wasn't even pissed about it. I feel guilty now, but if I were going back I still wouldn't do the run.

When we got home, it's been a struggle to get back into the groove after taking a few (4) days off. It's also been super hot, with 213% humidity, which we all know leads to a crabby Haylea. Let me put an equation down for the run on Tuesday.
Hotness + Humidity + crabby Haylea + annoyed Phil = silent run. Not a whole lot of fun, and it wasn't boosting my energy or attitude towards running.

Same song, second verse for Wednesday, except Phil and I decided it wasn't a great idea to run together. Instead I took Wilson- he doesn't care if I'm crabby so that was nice.

Now, we're to Thursday...only a few days away from a really long run. The schedule calls for 17 miles. Yikes. I've considered joining the Badgerland Striders group run downtown to change things up, but it's only 14 miles. I want to keep my long runs consistent more than anything, so it's going to be a toss up. All this pressure to run so flipping far!!

I'm going to try and turn my 'tude around today...wish me luck. And, try to continue to post more regularly again...

oh, by the way, the countdown is on. 60 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment