Saturday, August 14, 2010

18 miles today!

Folks, I did it. I accomplished another long run. This is actually becoming kind of fun- oh God...did I really just say that?

Phil got up early with me and biked along side, which meant he was able to take pictures. WARNING: I am glistening in these, and it's not a pretty site. Also, I look like I'm walking- for a couple of reasons. #1- I'm going slow- 10 min/mile pace. #2- I'm 5'2"= short legs = short stride.

Here's Phil and all his glory! He got home at 1 a.m. and up at 5:00 a.m. to do this.. This is the Hansen Brothers Hill, from the Hansen golf course. This is part of my regular running, mostly during the week. We're at about mile 3.5 here.


Now we're about 45 minutes in, and I'm taking my first gel. Phil was hilarious with the camera because he didn't know how to work it. As far as the gel, we're trying all different flavors- this was Pineapple. Not bad...for goo...















The street view is around mile 5. On the way back, this is where Phil had to leave me. I'll be honest- I was freaking out a little bit. I think I suffered from separation anxiety! I pulled my self together shortly afterwards and trudged on...


Phil's having a fantastic time biking, can't you tell?





These pics are on the way to the golf course off of Greenfield in
Stallis. The picture of me looking excited means it's time to turn around! 9 miles, 1 hour 30 mins. It's so refreshing, until you get a few miles past and the novelty wears off.










These are from the trail through Brookfield. It's similar to the 'Tosa parkway. After the trail, we cross Bluemound and I know I have about 6 miles left. It's essentially the homestretch on these long runs.











These final pictures are the aftermath of what just happened. My legs hurt so bad, I don't even know how to describe it. I've never felt pain like that before. Phil (who is my running God, and I assume he just knows all the answers) said it's the lactaid acid building up in my legs. Essentially some bad jzu-jzu that's released when your body works that hard.

The picture of Wilson cracks me up- I was seriously in pain and grunting a little while trying to stretch out. He just put his little head on the mat and looked at me like he wanted to help! So CUTE! The other is my recovery package. A bottle of gatorade, cantelope melon, and the rolling massage stick. The stick is key- it 'hurts so good' when you use it to massage your legs. If you don't have one- get one.

I hope you enjoyed my little escapade today!
-Hayls

No comments:

Post a Comment