Thursday, June 17, 2010

I forgot to start training.


Well, it turns out I'm not great at keeping up with projects. Like this one. The one where I was going to blog about running a 1/2 marathon, and then a full one? WELL, time has come and gone so has the 1/2. I'm not going to write about it today, but I'll just let you know I beat my personal best with a time of 1:57, and feel totally accomplished.

The next project was to continue running, keep my endurance up and roll right into marathon training. HA, high hopes on my end. I have a million and one excuses, including (but not limited to): I moved, my legs were tired and I needed a small break, work was busy, it was cold out, it was hot out, etc. etc. This week I realized I should probably get back in the game and decided to look up some training schedules. It turns out I should have started training 2 weeks ago! Dear lord, that is NOT the start I was hoping for. Since I can't take back time, I guess I'm jumping right in.

As a side note- it is unbelievable that I didn't already have my training plan mapped out. I'm a total type A, and should have had it written on each calendar, my planner and in outlook at work. I must be losing my shit because I don't even care that I'm not super organized now. Phil must really be rubbing off on me b/c I'm entirely laid back about the situation. (Megan, if you read this, understand that I'm losing my squirrelness. we might even be dinosaurs together someday)



Anywho, I'm following Hal Higdon's plan b/c he's the shit apparently. People swear by his method. I like it because it's really straight forward and doesn't involve intense speed work, hills, or other BS. Here's a link to his site if you care to see the plan- I'm doing his Novice 2. www.halhigdon.com I ran 4 miles yesterday and 5 today. I get a little break, and then it's supposed to be 6 this weekend... but since I'm starting late I'm shooting for 7-8 miles. My plan is to start getting into the habit of waking up early and getting the runs done. The idea is to get in the habit of doing it now so when race day comes around you're already used to the schedule.

Well, it's time for me to hit up the local watering hole to meet my favorite volleyball team, the Sandy Pitts. PBRs are on special, oh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment