Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Still excited!

Another day closer to the race.  I can't believe that when I started this blog it was winter.  It's been such a long road!

Today's schedule called for 3 miles.  Easy enough, did it at lunch during work.  But, what made it better was this fantastic podcast I was listening to.  My friend Chelsea made it as a training gift for me.  How cool is that?  The podcast is over an hour, so it's perfect for long runs.  She talks a little bit throughout, tells a couple jokes, and quick stories.  The music is super upbeat and pushes you through at a decent clip.  There was a comment she made during it that was like "I don't know how you're feeling right now, but if I had been running for the past 1/2 hour I'd be thinking of every reason why I'd like to stop.  But you're training for a marathon so who knows what you're thinking!  Let's pump the music and keep going"  She's not a runner, but she nailed it on the head.  It's exactly what I was thinking when I head it.  It gets so boring, and after all this running I think I've literally run out of things to think about.  Seriously, make a list for me I need help!!



The other gift she sent me (besides the most adorable headband in the whole world) is a playlist.  I have tried so hard to perfect THE playlist.  Music for your Running Soul.  It's got some awesome songs on it that I would have never thought to put on a list!  I'm not joking around when I say I've tried- just ask Phil how hard.  Although I'm not taking my ipod with me during the marathon, it's going to get me through some hard hill and speed workouts on the treadmill this winter.

Let me finish this by saying THANK YOU for all of your support- everyone.  It has meant a lot and really kept me going throughout the past few months.

xoxo,
Hayls

No comments:

Post a Comment